Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Monday, June 20, 2011

TOMANDO LA CALLE! TAKING THE STREET

Sunday
Today my friends and I thought it would be fun to go to the Revolution in Santa Cruz. Basically a big parade of people who are unhappy with the government and how the rich get richer and poor get poorer. Well, that´s how my friends explained it to me.
Anyways a whole bunch of us went, although none of us really cared much about the cause, it was fun to sing, yell, and dance through all the streets in the city. Also I even got to hold a banner at the front of the parade so I will probably be featured in one of Tenerife´s newspaper today.
I was shocked how many people went, I had never seen that many tenerifians in one sport since carnival.
After we went to McDonalds for icecream and water. My throat was dead from all the singing and yelling.
All in all it was a very eventful day cant say i have ever been a part of a parade like that, nor a spanish one.
To be honest it was good spanish practice catching onto the songs and singing them.

1 comment:

  1. Good experience... keep-up the good work... May I share an article about the tranquil Li River in Guilin , China in http://stenote.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-journey-along-li-river.html
    Watch also in youtube https://youtu.be/Dk3oSC17xdo

    ReplyDelete