Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Sunday, April 3, 2011

CARNAVAL!!

Basically one gigantic party for 10 days. So far I have gone out Friday, Saturday, Monday, Friday and tonight I will go out again for the last night L I am rather sad, because this will probably be my last carnaval for a long time, because I won´t be able to just skip off university next year.
Still in my opinion the best day was the first Friday, I dressed up as an Indian. I wish i could post a picture of all my costumes, but brining a camera is rather dangerous due to the crazy stealing morrocans.
Saturday – Guiri is what the habitants of the island call the foreigner or tourist´s since there is a lot because it´s hot compared to the main land.
Monday – tigre or tiger I have lots of pictures of this day and was also interviewed for the canary television station. My one friend saw the television crew and thought it would be funny to tell them that I am from Canada, so rushing over to me came the camera crew shoving the camera in my face. They asked me questions like where I was from, how long i have been here for, where I go to school, if this is my first carnaval, if I like it. Etc. Wo hoo I am famous.. not

Friday – cocinero or cook, this was yesterday, and I would have had photos but my camera and cell phone were stolen out of the zipper and snap purse by some professional stealing Moroccan. Apparently they come from Africa for carnival because a bunch of people got their stuff stolen.

Saturday – Wally or Where is Waldo.  This costume is super easy, just a striped white and red shirt, glasses, and jeans. My one good friend who had hurt her ankle the week before got to go out for the last night so I was really happy. We kept loosing people, and i didn’t have a phone so it was a bit more difficult than the previous days. But it was still really fun.

There is a song that I had to learn before carnival. Well I didn´t really have to learn it because it played so many times during the night that your brain automatically memorizes it immediately. Chicharerro means like person that lives in Tenerife and is a song just for carnival. Here the link if you want to listen to it, it is in fact very catchy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e-B1yDxujw
I love carnival it was amazing, I honestly don’t know how they allow it every year because the streets and city literally look like a garbage dump. Everyone peeing on the streets, bottles and intoxicated people everywhere. And somehow the streets and entire city are totally clean by like 10 in the morning the next day and the festivities finish at like 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment