Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Sunday, April 3, 2011

Flight and Returning to my Canarian Island Lifestyle

Zurich to Madrid, wait 5 hours, then Madrid to Tenerife.
A nice 10 hour adventure..
I woke up at 7am had a shower and ate breakfast for the last time with the Boog family. Linus and i ate nutella and croissants, per usual. One thing I miss greatly about Switzerland, chocolate and Nespresso cafe in the morning. We headed to the train station and said our goodbyes, got on the 9am train to Zurich airport that took about an hour and arrived around 10. My flight was at 1130am so I found my gate and checked my bag and waited. Of course my flight was late so I had to wait even longer. Lucky when I got on the flight no one was sitting in any of the 3 seats beside me so I literally had a nice little bed. Saw the snow covered Alps while flying over Switzerland back to Madrid, it was so beautiful. Got to Madrid 3.5 hours later and then waited about 6 hours to board my plane to Tenerife. It was weird to hear Spanish again but at least I could converse unlike in Switzerland where I was oblivious. And trust me, waiting by yourself in an airport for 6 hours is not fun. When I finally got on the plane I was sitting in the middle of a weight lifting team that had just won some competition in the peninsula and they were super loud. And the plane took about an hour more than it should have to take off. Luckily I managed to sleep a little but once in the air I was wide awake. 3 hours later I landed in Tenerife at 11 and was greeted by my entire Spanish family. I really could have passed out right then and there at the bag pick up. But they told me that we were going for dinner with some people from their swimming team. So we went to a restaurant called a Guanchinchi which is a restaurant that makes their own wine. This restaurant was more like a house that they built inside a hole in the mountain. It was really cool, and they did karaoke the whole night. We had all the typical Canarian food such as chickpeas with salsa, bread, octopus in red sauce, chuleta (slab of meat on a bone), papas (potatoes). After this meal I knew for sure I was in Canaries once again. By the time I got home it was 2 my time and I went to sleep immediately because the next day we were going on a tour of the island with an old Canadian exchange student that lived in the South and her mother. Didn´t know about the time change that occurred the next day, so what should have been 10am, was actually 9am. We went to pick them up from the bus station in Santa Cruz, but they weren’t there. They didn’t know about the time change. So we had to go back later and pick them up. We went to a viewing point in the mountains where you could see all of Santa Cruz. I attached some pictures of the side if you would like to see them. We went back to the house after our little adventure, Merci had prepared food. We had a traditional Canarian meal, rabbit, potatoes, mojo picon (sauce), bread, and salad with banana, olives, tuna, corn, tomatoes, peaches. This is the only type of salad made in the Canary Islands, adios Caesar Salad. Then we were on our way to the Esperanza which is close to El Teide (giant volcano in the center of Tenerife). THERE WAS SNOW! Pictures of me holding snow on my tropical island! Who would have thought! No longer can say I didn’t see snow all year, because I did. El Teide didn’t have as much snow on it from when I took a picture on my way to Switzerland but it had a little still. Then we went through the mountains to the south and dropped them off. I was dead by then and went to bed at like 9 that night, Marcos did too ahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment