Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Sunday, April 3, 2011

PLAYA EN AVRIL - BEACH IN APRIL

When I should have been in a log sleeve shirt, pants and probably a raincoat and rubber duckies in Canada, I was at a beach soaking up the sun! This was the third time this year I went to the beach in Tenerife, and the first one doesn’t really count because Marcos and I just went for a quick dip while on an adventure of showing me the island. The first real time was with Dana, the other Canadian exchange student on Rotary. We went to a beach in the South so we weren’t even the whitest people on the beach. Mind, Dana is part Indian and lives the real tropical island life so he´s basically black here...I got super burnt because I didn’t put on cream, i didn’t think i had to since we only went for like 2 hours. My mistake.. The second time was today, I went with my friends from school. We went to a black volcanic beach in Puerto de la Cruz, north part of the island. We got there at like 1130 and stayed it around 730. After the time change it doesn’t get dark here until like 9 which is really weird and has messed with my sleeping schedule. Anyways I put on some SPF 15 I found in my house, Nerea one of my friends, put some 50 on me while I was lying down. She made it her mission to make sure no one got cancer. Thanks mommy. Anyways we packed some chicken sandwiches we bought from a bakery bread shop and ate those for lunch. We play soccer and Frisbee on the beach as well. The waves were also the biggest I had ever seen in my life. They literally swept me away a few times, a bit dangerous. Probably the reason it was marked a red flag beach... It was a great experience. I told Dana by email that the real Spanish kids only go to black sand beaches in the north because all the kids at Dana´s school are from other countries and only go to white sand beaches aha. I don´t think I will ever be able to get the black sand out of my scalp. The giant waves have cemented it to my head.. So thanks to Nerea I didn´t get burnt, but everyone else did, including her. Everyone always teases me that I´m foreign so I burn really easy, which is usually the case. But today, I was the least burnt and everyone put sun lotion on multiple times and were super red. I am only a little red on my back and face and that´s it. Pretty impressive, who’s the GUIRI NOW!
We drove back to one of my friend´s house and ate some snacks, watched a movie with subtitles for me so I could read the Spanish because they talk really fast during movies, then ate hamburgers. BIGGEST HAMBURGER EVER! I don’t think these exist in North America. It had: hamburger patty, bun, chicken, egg, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, ketchup, and French fries. I literally thought my stomach was going to explode; I couldn’t even finish the whole thing although I was exceedingly close.
As a whole, it was a terrific day! I LOVE THE BEACH



No comments:

Post a Comment