Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Saturday, June 18, 2011

EUROPEAN INVASION

May 22
Arrival in Barcelona, as I exit the gates and am looking for Dana to be waiting for me, he is nowhere to be seen. So I don’t begin to worry yet, i just go stand by the railing and walk around the area.
A man walks out and starts talking to me, I don’t really know if it was in English or Spanish. I think Spanish, and was asking me if i was from Mallora, a Spanish island beside Barcelona. I said no Tenerife, and he just kept say no impossible you are from Mallora, you look just like it. He was like well you go travelling around Barcelona and have a good time, i was like ya and he finally left. Then i wait a few moments and see in the mirror in front of me a man approach behind me, its him again. He begins talking to me again, i keep my distance because im like what the hell! Hes like don’t be afraid i just want to talk. Then his friends come over and introduce themselves and shake my hands, the crazy man shoves his ID card in my face, i think to prove he wasn’t trying to kill me then to greet me he tries to wrap his arms around me and kiss me. I literally ran away. I had been in Barcelona for a whole 10 minutes, great impression.
I go to the washroom, walk around, Dana still isn’t there. Hes like 25 minutes late now, so i think maybe hes dumb enough to go to the salidas instead of arrivals. What do you know, there he is walking around like hes a chicken with his head cut off. I waited to see how long it would take for him to realize i was infront of him, finally had to say his name and catch his attention.
We get off the train to meet his friends, Olivia, Catarina, and Nicola in the train station. We had to wait for one other girl who is living in spain on rotary too. She was later then she said, note I hadn’t ate since I left Tenerife. So i ate breakfast around 7 and now there was an hour time change and it was now 530pm. I was almost passed out on the floor. Finally arrived in the apartment which was nice, had a kitchen, laundry machine, everything. We went for lunch after before i died, we had sangria and tortilla española. First taste of catellan, already not a fan.
We went to the grocery store to get food for breakfast and dinner and then played Spanish cards for the rest of the night.

May 23 and onwards
Down to being a tourist.
Figured out the metro and went to sangrada familia church. Its still being built and is MASSIVE, strangest church i have ever seen, and i have seen A LOT of churches in my day. I think that this one was my favourite though.
Other cool things we saw in Barcelona
gaudi is one of the most famous men for Barcelona, all the architecture and building are built in his style. He built some really strange things, including designing the Sagrada familia church, and multiple strange buildings i have posted on the side of my blog. He really like colours and tiles, most of the buildings are made out of tiny coloured tiles. He also has a huge park that has an amazing look out to the city, look for a picture of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment