Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Sunday, January 30, 2011

GEMELOS (twins)

FINDING MY SPANISH FAMILY TWINS
Rafael came down to Tenerife to his 5 story house in Santa Cruz. We walked around and went to see a movie, he wanted air conditioning because he was complaining of the heat, while i was freezing my buns off.
We went for a greek wrap which was delicious, and did a bit of shopping. He finally gave me an extra phone he had. Which took all Christmas break to figure out how to get it working. SUCCESS it now works. Thank you RAF

I also went to the nautic club with him and his family the day before school started back up again, we were not impressed with school coming up. It was exactly like the yauht club in Toronto, made me feel right at home. Not to mention, I found my Spanish family.
I had met rafaels father and mother before, but with the whole family there it just became so much clearer to me.
His father is a big fellow, can mean business when he wants to, and nothing gets passed him. He’s quiet but I can tell he can get angry and has the ability to act like a child. Hello Alan, meet Rafael(the Dad).
His mother is loud, and crazy just like Carol. Perfect example: for anyone who knows my mother, you will love this. When in Madrid, we couldn’t find the place where Rafael was going for a polo practise. We drove around for more then an hour asking everyone we saw on the streets, no one was very helpful or knew where it was. Finally, Altagracia had had enough, stopped the car at the side of the road, got out and started stopping cars asking each one if they knew where it was. The police even drove by and didn’t say anything. Rafael was humiliated but I loved every minute of it. Carol meet Altagracia.

His Grandma, this was the toper. Uncanny resemblance. His grandma was dressed in all purple, all dressed up nice. This is a hard one to explain because most of the people reading this probably don’t know my grandma lucy. Dad and Mom you will understand this. She insisted on paying for the bill, and was inviting me to come stay with her if I ever go to Santa cruz. I told her she reminded me of my grandma, and she just fell in love with me. Shes like really does she have white hair like me, I said no. She asked if she dies it, I say yes. I said her style was like my grandmas, she loved it.

After I had officially discovered that this was my family in Spanish format, i told Rafael. His response, “I told you so.” Maybe one day they’ll meet, and it will be utter chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment