Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Monday, April 4, 2011

Babbel and funny stories


Murphy at X-Mas dinner table
Murphy snuggling a pillow
Dogs being a Man´s best friend, doesn´t really apply in Spain. I think dogs are more used for protection of the house then cuddling acquaintances.
Some differences; my dogs are not allowed in the house, they either stay in the garage or outside at all time. They are not allowed to enter the house at any time during the day, not even a paw in the door. They don’t really as much love, for instance my princess dog Murphy.  And don’t even think about being allowed on the couch or bed..

Houses: Spain is all about security, I don´t think robberies happen often but they don’t take precautions never the less.
All houses have 2 doors, one to enter the yard and the other to enter the actual house. So if you forget your key, your screwed maximumly. Which infact I have done... twice. Don´t worry though we have nice neighbours. The time I had forgotten it, it was one of the first days I went to basketball practise so I got home in the pitch black, ring my entrance bell because usually theyre home. NOPE, so I go to the neighbours and am like do you have my key (llave), this was the beginning and I didn´t know very much so I said rain (lluvia), they are still rather close. Don´t worry I know the difference now. I think my neighbour thought I was a crazy person, till she realized it was me, let me in, and I watched Chuck Norris on her tv, which I had literally NEVER EVER watched before in my life. Mines well in Spanish.

Speaking of the whole lluvia, llaves ordeal. When I got home from Switzerland I had forgotten how to speak Spanish, literally. I could not remember how to said rain, after 2 tries I got it and my family laughed and said after 2 weeks you already forget jokingly. By the end of the first night I had remembered, THANK GOD!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am applying @ my local rotary for student exchange!!!! I am having troble writing the letter to the host family... Did you have to do this? Can you help me, give me some tips???

    ReplyDelete