Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Monday, April 4, 2011

Typical Monday

Had a very rough time getting up this morning, all the kids and Marcos looked at all the photos from Marcos and Merci´s travels to the United States and Canada. That took a good hour, so I didnt go to bed till like 12:30am. So my alarm that was set for 7, turned into 7:10, then I had turned off both of my alarm clocks and resorted to my ipod alarm. Set that one for 7:20. Well, I decided I would lay down for a few more minutes before I got up, thinking I wouldn´t fall back asleep again. This is an everyday occurance basically, yet I still havent learned. When my brain finally woke up and realized, CRAP what time is it. It was 7:30.. So I got dressed and ready in about 11 seconds, and scarfed down my breakfast.
ps. love spanish breakfast, fresh fruit, bananas, kiwi, apples, oranges, warm milk, and toast with ham and cheese. yumm. Not your typical cereal in the morning, Canadian style breakfast. Merci even told me that most kids dont even eat breakfast. I think I would die.

Anyways I was actually really early, even caught my one friend Joel who I always walk to school with. Yes, he has a english name, everyone says its rare here too because its pronounced like Joel, not jol like english, when the J is not pronounced in spanish. Anyways I walk with him that is, if I leave the house by 7:49 or 7:50, he´s always frantic that he will be late because he has stricter teachers. I however.. usually arrive a bit after 8 and we wait another 5 minutes for the teacher to come.

First class was historia, always a blast in that class... then biologia, then filosofia. RECREO where i eat my delishous half sandwich Merci prepares for Diana and I in the morning and drink water from my white water bottle. Which everyone makes fun of me for and says I´m super foreign. Funny thing is, people in Canada usually didn´t take a gym water bottle to school either. But thats okay, I am not cocerned with how goofy I look. anyother super loser thing I did was took a big huge red tupperwear container with a tiny sandwich in it because I couldn´t find the tin foil, my host siblings laughed at me when they saw it in the refrigerator for about half an hour. It was kind of funny infact ahah

After recreo (recess) I had english, my teacher didn´t show up. Has not come all last week, and today. One of the weirdest things I find about Spain and European schooling. If the teacher doesn´t come, you don´t have class. Kind of wish this was the case is Canada, because everyone just tries to sneak out of the class or says they´re going to the washroom to the sub and just peace out for the rest of the class to the caf or something. Don´t worry, I was not one of these students! So basically an hour where we walk, eat and play games. Pretty nice class indeed.

After I had geografia, and last class was Frances. Which I officially changed today. Fundamentals was really boring and was extremely complicated to understand in a different language, also french helps me learn more words in spanish too. Although I leave the class spinning because I have to translate french to spanish then spainsh to english. We did an exercise where we had to dictate the expressions, you could say it has been a LONG time since I have read any french. Although it started coming back to me!

Walked home, did some studying then went to the gym with my 2 friends. Did my big gym routine then went home and studied some more verbs and spanish grammar. My absolute favourite! :)

Now I´m  updating my Ipod, writing my blog, and doing some more studying.

Typical day in the Spanish life of Catherine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment