Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Final Rotary Presentation in the South

Went to the South with Marcos in the morning because I had to present my final presentation for Rotary at the meeting that night. So I decided to go visit Dana during the day and go to his school because firstly I didn’t feel like going on the bus alone for 1 hour, and I also didn’t want to pay 5 euros. Dana and i went to Geography, French and then to Antonio who is like Dana´s private tutour because there are a lot of people that can´t speak Spanish in the south, so he gets private classes every week for an hour. I am rather jealous because I actually learnt new things after 1 hour with him. After school we went home and hung out, ate lunch then chilled out and practised our presentations a little bit. Funny thing, we skyped my parents, and David who is on an exchange in Niagara on the Lake was over at my house in Canada for Easter, and I was at his house visiting Dana who lives in his house. What a coincidence, soooo strange!
Anyways, Dana begged to go first in the presentations and I was super nervous and stressed so I was happy about that. Right before we leave for the meeting, he says he´s not going first anymore and asks Marcos if he can go second. So, I was now 11 times more nervous and was also going first. Also Dana had already practised in front of an audience for his greek class that morning before I came. After their meeting we were up, I had typed up notes to look down at in case i got really nervous or forgot how to say something because it was 15 minutes speaking in Spanish.
Anyways I started my presentation a little nervous then all of a sudden I was just rambling about the photos in Spanish without looking at my papers once. I don´t even remember what I said, but I was just talking without thinking in Spanish for a good 20 minutes. It felt so good when i was done, everyone clapped, and a man even asked how long I´ve been here for, that must mean that my Spanish is somewhat good.



No comments:

Post a Comment