Rotary Conference in Madrid

Rotary Conference in Madrid
Some Randum Exchange Students

My Blog

Please Enjoy my blog.



If this is the first time you are visiting My Blog, this colum reads in reverse chronilogical order of posting. In simpler words, the next paragraph is the last posting I have made.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LA PALMA

Semana Santa en La Palma
La Palma (Palm Tree) is the island farthest from Africa, and furthest in the ocean. It´s in a line with another island called El Hierro (Iron). I went on Wednesday of Semana Santa, a week of holiday for Easter. I went with went with Marcos, Merci, Diana, and 2 of their friends named, Ricardo and Carmela who had a house in the forrest there. La Palma reminded me of up north, in Muskoka and cottage country because it is literally COVERED in trees. It was weird, it is known as La Isla Bonita, The beautiful Island which is true it probably is the most beautiful because it´s totally green, lots of plants, trees, flowers, etc. It´s probably my second favourite canary island after Tenerife. I love the Canary Islands, they actually have terrain of all sorts. Fuerteventura and Lanzarote are beaches and extra hot, Gran Canaria is like Tenerife but smaller and crappier, La Palma is like forest and rivers, and Tenerife is like all of them combined. You can be at the beach then drive 30 minutes and see snow. It´s a perfect mix of everything, it really is the continental island.
Santa Cruz de La Palma
Yes, they copied Tenerife. So we went from Santa Cruz Tenerife, La Laguna Airport to Santa Cruz de La Palma. While Marcos went to the swimming pool to train we went to the city. While walking down the street Merci said look a cappuccino. So I´m looking in all around looking for a coffee, not exactly sure why she wants to show me it or is so interested in it. Well she didn’t say cappuccino she said capuchito which is a hooded costume with the hood in a point shape.
I see a character in a white robe with a red hood in a point shape, as we begin walking closer I hear chanting and I see them swaying back and forth also. OMG THE KKK IS IN LA PALMA AND IS BLOCKADING AND PROTESTING IN THE STREET! Merci is like come on Catherine let´s go see it, i thinking to myself, UH are you kidding, do you know what those people do, I´m not going any closer. She persisted that I go look, so I went to the stairway from where they were coming from. They were carrying a statue of Jesus. Ok, that´s weird for the KKK. I see all the people waiting on the streets, oh this must be a easter parade. I thought it was a pretty funny mix up.
Also I am now only missing 2 islands of the 7 canary islands. And the 2 are the smallest islands of the canarias, la gomera is like 30 minutes away in ferry so I probably will get there eventually before I head home, I hope! then i will only be missing 1! and thats pretty good. Also as of trip to la palma I have officially been on 12 planes this year alone. I guess you could say that this is my year of planes ahah

I Will attach a bunch of photos on the side bar, less boring to look at pictures and read captions then for me to ramble on about it !

No comments:

Post a Comment